For those seeking to traverse the African continent on a limited budget, there are myriad considerations that should be taken into account. This article provides an overview of some key strategies and techniques for navigating Africa as inexpensively as possible while still taking full advantage of all it has to offer. With thorough planning, travelers can make the most out of their trip without breaking the bank or sacrificing safety and comfort during their journey.
1. Introduction to Touring Africa on a Budget
Touring Africa on a budget can be daunting, and travelers need to plan their trip carefully in order to make the most of it. The first step is choosing an African country or countries that meet your budget requirements while still providing diverse experiences. Certain destinations have fewer tourist attractions than others and offer more inexpensive accommodation options; these locations may provide just as much adventure without breaking the bank.
Traveling By Air
- When looking for flights, try researching different airports within a region to find cheaper flight deals.
- Also consider traveling during off-season months when flights are generally less expensive.
- Hostels can be found at low prices throughout many cities in Africa and often include amenities such as free Wi-Fi access.
- For longer trips, renting an apartment or house through Airbnb provides convenient facilities for cooking meals at home which help keep costs down over time.
Transportation Within Cities & Countries